Saturday, April 25, 2009

THOSE WE LOVE THE BEST

Ok, lately I officially planned to make my blogs more academic rather than emotional and personal. Mixed with my art gallery on my website, I thought I want to feature my not-so clever ideas and leave my melancholic poet side. This might confuse whoever will read my blogs as I seem like losing my focus again but in the first place, Im not even sure is there is anyone reading these stuff so I think I will just carry on with my writing.
I remember this great poem that I use to memorise... I remember a few years back.

They say the world is round, and yet
I often think it's square;
So many little hurts we get
from corners here and there.
There is one truth in life I've found
while journeying east and west,
The only folk we really wound
are those we love the best.

The choicest garb, the sweetest grace
are oft to strangers shown;
The careless word, the frowning face,
are given to our own.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
we please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
to those we love the best.

By Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sometimes people neglect us, sometimes we neglect people. The ones that we care the most, and the ones who care for us. It has been said, "you'll never miss the water until it's gone", I am writing this thought because I dont want to miss any opportunities to express my love to those who suffered because of my carelessness. By means of writing here, the people around me, the ones I love so much... they may have thought I never cared at all, but I do... in fact I may have failed to show but I never failed to do.

No comments: