Sunday, October 01, 2006

WEANING, CRYING & A LESSON LEARNED



Two hours after their plane departed, I finished reading “Ten Days to Zero” by Bernard Ashley. It took me three days to complete the reading as electricity went down for two days after the typhoon hit
Manila. Telephone lines were cut and no water supply came as the worst. I simply wanted to keep myself busy, as always, and that time when I even got no cellular phone to use for texting. I wanted to have a busy mind. Few days before, Mom and Dad were too busy preparing some stuff as they’re bound to United Kingdom for the next few months, longer enough, considering that we never got parted ever since. I knew days would be different as to no one’s going to wake me up each time, cook for my food, wash my clothes, and simply do things for me. I couldn’t careless; after all, I still have my own issues… things that they are aware of.

Two hours after I’m done reading, I cried. Suddenly I felt our house was entirely empty. Most of the time, I usually spend time myself alone in my room and wanting to talk to no one, I and my parents are used to it. Few hours ago, we were rushing at the airport, went home and everything were normal. I didn’t feel anything sad or emotional. That time was different. It was unusual. I felt alone. I tried to hold back my tears.

Two hours after, I realized one of the most important lessons learned ever. The love that I was searching for was just next to me. I was wrong when I thought my life went in waste for amongst the people I cared, loved and valued for, nobody did in return. I didn’t get to show my care to the people who truly heeded and carried me when I was in a difficult situation. My parents who were always with me is the greatest love of my life and I was wrong to think that they are rather a responsible of my existence than affection beyond duty. (UNFINISHED/UNEDITED)

No comments: