Tuesday, September 19, 2006

MY CRIME

You're gone now but the memories will be forever, as you touched my life like no one has ever did.
You came when i was in my weakest, when my world turned around, when my sky was murky, when darkness fell upon me.
You lit my way and got me out from the dark. I was in a journey to search my way back home, like a little child lost in the forest. You comforted and strengthened me.You powered my bended sword, flamed my torch and nursed my wounded heart.

The world began to move, the sun began to shine. The rain you brought gave life to shrubbery, the breeze kissed my face as you breathe. You sang my song and your voice gave life to my music, the rhythm continued then my dancing went in tune. The poetry has gotten important meaning as you deciphered it with me.

Life became momentous as I kept myself going. The feeling's unspoken, the situation's undefined. The act loudly shouted as we whisper each name. You stroked my heart and the bleeding stopped.

The night has passed and the dream went over, the illusion has gone and I came to realize, the crime I committed is taking you away from me.

My passion is strong more than myself could ever stand. My heart speaks louder as my mind humbly conforms. I am foolish and stupid to play the game I scarcely know.
Now that you're gone, my world suddenly bunged. The music you play became a pain to my ears. My breathing stops whenever I see you face, your smile is now a knife that cuts my heart into pieces.

The sentence was read and the judgment was inflicted. The torment started, my chastisement is accepted. I could take all the hardship in this world to pay the crime off, to get rid of the guilt and to penalize my blunder.
I take all the blame as I innocently sinned, that even in another life or whenever, I know, I'll still fall in love with you, my best friend.


WRITER'S COMMENT

MY CRIME is the very first poem I wrote in August, 2005. Edited by colleague Cherrylie Abelardo. James Blunt song "You're Beautiful" came out in November of the same year with his album "Back to Bedlam" including the single "Goodbye My Lover" which became an inspiration of the video featuring the poem. The video is the unedited version with typo and grammar errors.

The poem was inspired by my bestfriend who happend to be no one now. It was a great expression of my grief and dissapointment that I have to say it that way recovering the poet in me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one