Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ODE TO MY HEART

Goodbye my lonely heart, restless in the storm
your wounds were never healed, your blood was drenched by time
the never-ending pain immuned your veins,
your beating stopped as you waited in vain
... still, nobody knew your existence.

Goodbye my heart, the world was mean
so much intolerance, so much neglect
hence, you were unwearied, you tried to reach out
you are divine but still a mortal

Goodbye my martyr, you didn't survive the pain
your battle may not be triumphant but you were never a looser
victorious you may not be, but you were never conquered
your sorrow was never gone away but glory is upon you

Goodbye my abandoned heart, your end has come
your purpose was unsatisfied no matter how you sacrificed
you were a great performer and you wished to play in eternal
and even sad songs have endings no matter how you keep playing

Goodbye my heart, farewell my solace
time to let you go, time to end the misery
may you rest in stillness, in the unending serenity
you were forgotten and you were deserted
now I'll let you respite as one is worthy of you no more

When you get there, forget me not
remember me, your beloved companion
now will be alone, will be incensate...
will yeild in emptiness and in incessant shadows

Goodbye my heart, may you find hope
may God hear you sing so I could start to cry,
may you see the light so I could love once more
perhaps in another life, when we meet again.


WRITER'S COMMENT
This is the most heart-pounding poem I have ever written. Every line is a reflection of the pain. It may seems like too much of a self-pitiness but I'd rather say, self-assessment againts the whole world. The video version is the unedited, still typos and grammatic errors were noted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, what a wonderful person you are. Geordimiester